Namecheap is an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar, which provides domain name registration and web hosting, based in Phoenix, Arizona, US. Namecheap is a budget hosting provider with 11 million registered users and 10 million domains. READ DEATAIL REVIEW
Namecheap Detail Review
Bring your ideas to life
- Namecheap covered with shared, VPS, dedicated, and Managed WordPress options
- Take the stress out of security with low-cost SSL Certificates, PremiumDNS, VPN and more
- Power-up your business with our range of apps. From Namecheap free Logo Maker to Supersonic CDN, we have the tools ready-and-waiting to aid your business’ performance
- Namecheap website security and privacy
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Boost your business with industry-premium products and services, at prices that won’t break your budget
Namecheap Hosting Detail
- Founded: 2000
- Headquarters: Phoenix, United States
- Leading User Country: United States, Canada, United Kingdom
- Employees: 500 – 1,000
- Revenue: $100M – $200M
- Social Presence: 143,477 people follow facebook
- Website Traffic: 7.65M Monthly visits
- Owner: Richard Kirkendall
- Website: https://www.namecheap.com/
Namecheap Feature and Technical Detail Review
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free website builder
- Domain name and privacy protection
- Free automatic SSL installation
- Free SSL Certificates
- WordPress and cPanel
- Personalized Email Service
- 1X WordPress website
- Installed in under 90 seconds
- Hosted on Namecheap Cloud
- Seamless scalability as visitors grow
- 3X faster than traditional hosting
- Support for any domain name provider
- Easy-to-use dashboard to manage WordPress websites
- Safe and secure
- Easy backups and restores
- SFTP and database access
- Shared Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Servers
- Private Email Hosting
- Migrate to Namecheap
- Easy-to-use tools
- Manage subscriptions all in one place
- Automatic setup for Namecheap domains
- SSL Site Seal
- Top-Tier Support
- Sophisticated Web-Based Email
- Powerful DDoS protection
- Global network coverage
- Intelligent Caching & Instant Purge
- Easy Domain Transfer
- Every one of our servers has at least 16 highly performing Intel Xeon CPU cores, 64GB of RAM, and fast and reliable SSD drives protected with RAID
- United Kingdom
NameCheap Performance and Speed Review
Solid Hosting Performance: Great Uptime + Good Speed
Uptime is one of the most important aspects of choosing a web host. if your website is down, your end customers can not access it. Therefore, consistent uptime should be one of your top priorities when looking at hosting providers. After reviewing Google managing uptime check our standard to get “good” uptime is 99.93percent. Thus ideally, we don’t desire to find out significantly less than this. Opportunely, The good thing is that Namecheap Hosting easily surpasses this amount and keeps your test site up and running Good Uptime 99.97% of the period. The sums overall percentage was only 0.03% for that entire year. You Can Also Have a Look at the Most Current Namecheap Hosting server uptime live server monitor page.
Namecheap Host Webpage Speed Test from US Server First Byte Node =367ms
Namecheap Data Server Response Time Test From 10 Location Review
This test is about the web host’s response time, it contributes to (but differs from) your website load time. The time your website loads depend on a number of factors, including code, caching, content delivery system, and more.
Server response timing is an important value to monitor as all website assets are indirectly dependent upon it. If your server response time is slow then your whole site will probably be slow, no matter how optimized your additional resources will be. According to Google, web speed test, and different rate test applications, such as for example GTmetrix, you should target to get a server response period of less than 200 ms. In order to find yourself a far more correct server response period, we used the following tool named Bitcatcha. It allows you to test server response time from 10 different locations.
To find the ideal user experience, Bitcatcha Server Rate Checker – How It Works” the ideal rating for your server response speed should be B+ and above. At a minimum, it should be C+. Here is how the servers are ranked:
- Anything below 180 ms is ranked A+
- 181 ms – 210 ms is ranked A
- 211 ms – 220 ms is ranked B+
- 221 ms – 240 ms is ranked B
- 241 ms – 280 ms is ranked C+
- 281 ms – 360 ms is ranked C
- 361 ms – 520 ms is ranked D+
- 521 ms – 840 ms is ranked D
- 841 ms – 1,480 ms is ranked E+
- Anything above 1,480 ms is ranked E
The speed test results Namecheap Hosting web hosts perform in respective locations below
This is the result of the site you’re on right now (bitcatcha.com) hosted with Namecheap Hosting Host with the datacenter in the USA.
When you see the Namecheap server in the USA (W) performs under the second fraction in other places. the response is slightly higher but still less than your target audience. It is in the Western United States, then this will be useful to your website. If your other users are from other parts of the world, you can change your server location.
Namecheap Web Security Review
Web hosting servers can be attacked by malicious users in different ways, including uploading malware or malicious code onto a hosted website. These attacks may be done for different reasons, including stealing credit card data, launching a Distributed Denial of Service Attack (DDoS), or spamming. If you take your website security seriously, you’ll also want to read up on the other web hosting security best practices. back to menu ↑
What is an SSL certificate?
An SSL certification, or Secure Sockets Layer, is an encryption-based online security protocol. This was first developed by Netscape in 1995 for the role of securing privacy, authentication, and data integrity in Internet communications. SSL may be your predecessor to the current TLS encryption applied now.
Do You Need an SSL Certificate?
As soon as the certificate is issued, it needs to be installed and activated on the website’s origin host. Web hosting services can usually manage this for website operators. Once it’s activated about the server, the site should likely probably be able to load HTTPS and all traffic to and out of the website will likely be encrypted and safe. A CA can be an outside organization, a trusted 3rd party, that generates and presents out SSL certifications. The CA may even digitally sign the certificate with its own private key, making it possible for the client apparatus to check it. Most, but perhaps not, CAs can bill a commission for issuing an SSL certificate. Let us Encrypt is an entirely free of charge, automated, and receptive certificate authority brought to you by the nonprofit Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).back to menu ↑
Is Namecheap offer free SSL certificates?
When you buy a Shared Hosting plan, add an add-on domain or subdomain, we add a PositiveSSL certificate to your account. The SSL is issued and installed automatically for the added hostname. HTTPS Redirect is also set up automatically upon installation.
How To Make a Backup at Namecheap Hosting?
The Backups menu in the section Files allows you to generate/restore backups of:
a full cPanel account
a MySQL database
Namecheap Market and Technology Statistics Review
- United States 61,112K
- United Kingdom 7,610K
- Canada 6,851K
- India 5,857K
- Germany 5,279K
- China 5,080K
- Russia 5,014K
- France 3,976K
- Indonesia 3,797K
- Brazil 2,778K
- Information Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
- 3,916,252 websites using Namecheap Hosting
- 1.11% in Web Hosting Technology
- 725k Website Added (total added over the past month)
- 297k website Dropped (totally dropped over the past month)
- United State west 23 ms
- 4th most popular on the Entire Internet in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- 4th most popular in the Top 1 Million sites in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- 5th most popular in the Top 10k sites in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- 7th most popular in the Top 100k sites in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- The most popular in .me in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- The most popular in Cocos Islands in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- The most popular in .io in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- 2nd most popular in the United States in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- 2nd most popular in .co in Web Hosting Provider Email category.
- 14th most popular in Pakistan in Email Hosting Providers category.
- 12th most popular on the Entire Internet in Email Hosting Providers category.
- 2nd most popular in .me in Email Hosting Providers category.
- 2nd most popular in Cocos Islands in Email Hosting Providers category.
- 3rd most popular in .io in Email Hosting Providers category.
- 5th most popular in the United States in Email Hosting Providers category.
- 5th most popular in .co in Email Hosting Providers category.
back to menu ↑
Namecheap Pricing and Plan Detail Review
|Manage WordPress Hosting|
|Databases||–|| || || |
|Script & Languages||–|
|BackUps||–|| || || |
|Help & Support||–|
As Final Observation
- Wide range of inexpensive plans
- Excellent domain name prices
- Free domain name and privacy protection
- Perl, Ruby, and Python support
- Unmetered bandwidth on all plans
- Full root access on VPS plans
- Pay extra to choose UK-data center
- No Cloudflare on shared plans
- Below-average response time