WP Engine Review
WP Engine breed of technology company at the intersection of software innovation and service. WP Engine platform provides brands the solutions they need to create remarkable sites and apps on WordPress that drive their business forward faster. READ DETAIL REVIEW
What Is Managed WordPress Hosting?
WP Engine Detail Reviews
Go Beyond Managed WordPress Hosting
- Build amazing, mobile-responsive WordPress digital experiences with 36 easy-to-use, premium themes powered by our Genesis Framework, featuring built-in SEO and security, and all included in your WP Engine plan
- A free, easy way to spin up local WordPress sites, test your latest site updates, and speed up your development workflow
- Your move to WP Engine is as simple as a couple of clicks using our auto migration plugin
- For premium solutions, a dedicated technical and account management team ensures a smooth start and continued success on WP Engine
- Easily move data between your cloud development environments on WP Engine
- WP Engine tools to simplify and shorten development cycles through rapid testing of changes so you’re never surprised
- WP Engine performs daily backups on your digital experience to give you peace of mind in case you run into any site issues
- WP Engine handles all major updates automatically to ensure sites stay up-to-date, and test the minor updates before recommending them
- Free CDN and SSL Certificates
- WP Engine lets you set up and turn off multisite with just a few clicks in our User Portal
- WP Engine interface makes it easy for you to ensure all users have the proper roles and access, making it easy for you to add or delete users and change permissions
- Save time by efficiently managing any number of WordPress sites through the command line
- Provides an easy way for agencies or freelancers to transition site ownership and billing to clients post launch
- Gain visibility on your account, including updates and published content, and use the activity log to help provide governance
- Provides location-specific content for your audiences increasing engagement and transactions
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7/365 Support
WP Engine Detail
- Founded: 2010
- Headquarters: Brea, California,
- Leading User Country: United States, United Kingdom, Australia
- Employees: 1,500
- Revenue: $290.7M – $250M
- Social Presence: 51,984 people follow (Facebook)
- Website Traffic: 2.8 M Monthly Visits
- Founder: Heather Brunner
- Website: https://www.wpengine.com/
WP Engine Feature and Technical Detail Reviews
- Features included
- 24/7 support
- 35+ premium themes
- Free automated migrations
- Daily backups
- Free SSL and SSH
- Advanced security
- One-click staging site
- Complete feature list
- Faster site speed with website caching
- Threat detection & blocking
- Site content in the cloud (CDN)
- Handoff to clients with transferable sites
- Activity log & user permissions
- Page performance monitoring
- Local developer tools
- SSH access with WP-CLI, MySQL, and bash
- GIT & SFTP connections
- Multi-factor password authentication
- Up-to-date PHP
- Phone & chat support
- WordPress Multisite available
- Local Storage 50 GB
- Bandwidth / month 500 GB
- Managed WordPress Shared Hosting
- Managed WordPress VPS Hosting
- Managed WordPress Dedicated Hosting
- Storage Limits
- Bandwidth Allowance
- Email Hosting
- Control Panel Integration
- CMS Support
- Web Framework Support
- E-Commerce Integration
- File Management
- Database Support
- Security Tools
- Caching (EverCache)
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Server maintenance and security
- Performance audits
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- SSL certificates
- WP Engine GeoTarget
- WP Engine Staging
- WP Engine backups
- Domain Mapping
- Git Push
- Onboarding and migration
- Slow WordPress performance
- WP Engine User Portal
- South Carolina
WP Engine Performance and Speed Reviews
Solid Hosting Performance: Great Uptime + Good Speed
Uptime is one of the most important aspects of choosing a web host. if your website is down, your end customers can not access it. Therefore, consistent uptime should be one of your top priorities when looking at hosting providers. After reviewing Google managing uptime check our standard to get “good” uptime is 99.93 percent. Thus ideally, we don’t desire to find out significantly less than this. Opportunely, The good thing is that WP Engine easily surpasses this amount and keeps your test site up and running comfortably very impressive uptime 100% of the period. The sum overall percentage was only 0% for that entire year. You Can Also Have a Look at the Most Current WP Engine server uptime.
WP Engine Host Webpage Speed Test from U.S. New York First Byte Node = 165ms
WP Engine Data Server Response Time Test From 10 Location Reviews
This test is about the web host’s response time, it contributes to (but differs from) your website load time. The time your website loads depend on a number of factors, including code, caching, content delivery system, and more.
Server response timing is an important value to monitor as all website assets are indirectly dependent upon it. If your server response time is slow then your whole site will probably be slow, no matter how optimized your additional resources will be. According to Google, web speed test, and different rate test applications, such as for example GTmetrix, you should target to get a server response period of less than 200 ms. In order to find yourself a far more correct server response period, we used the following tool named Bitcatcha. It allows you to test server response time from 10 different locations.
To find the ideal user experience, Bitcatcha Server Rate Checker — How It Works” the ideal rating for your server response speed should be B+ and above. At a minimum, it should be C+. Here is how the servers are ranked:
- Anything below 180 ms is ranked A+
- 181 ms – 210 ms is ranked A
- 211 ms – 220 ms is ranked B+
- 221 ms – 240 ms is ranked B
- 241 ms – 280 ms is ranked C+
- 281 ms – 360 ms is ranked C
- 361 ms – 520 ms is ranked D+
- 521 ms – 840 ms is ranked D
- 841 ms – 1,480 ms is ranked E+
- Anything above 1,480 ms is ranked E
The speed test results WP Engine web hosts perform in respective locations below
This is the result of the site you’re on right now hosted with WP Engine Host with the datacenter in USA.
When you see the WP Engine server in the USA (E) performs under the second fraction in other places. the response is slightly higher but still less than your target audience. It is in the Eastern United States, then this will be useful to your website. If your other users are from other parts of the world, you can change your server location.
WP Engine Security Reviews
Web hosting servers can be attacked by malicious users in different ways, including uploading malware or malicious code onto a hosted website. These attacks may be done for different reasons, including stealing credit card data, launching a Distributed Denial of Service Attack (DDoS), or spamming. If you take your website security seriously, you’ll also want to read up on the other web hosting security best practices. back to menu ↑
What is an SSL certificate?
An SSL certification, or Secure Sockets Layer, is an encryption-based online security protocol. This was first developed by Netscape in 1995 for the role of securing privacy, authentication, and data integrity in Internet communications. SSL may be your predecessor to the current TLS encryption applied now.
Do You Need an SSL Certificate?
As soon as the certificate is issued, it needs to be installed and activated on the website’s origin host. Web hosting services can usually manage this for website operators. Once it’s activated about the server, the site should likely probably be able to load HTTPS and all traffic to and out of the website will likely be encrypted and safe. A CA can be an outside organization, a trusted 3rd party, that generates and presents out SSL certifications. The CA may even digitally sign the certificate with its own private key, making it possible for the client apparatus to check it. Most, but perhaps not, CAs can bill a commission for issuing an SSL certificate. Let us Encrypt is an entirely free of charge, automated, and receptive certificate authority brought to you by the nonprofit Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).back to menu ↑
Is WP Engine offer free SSL certificates?
All WP Engine plans include free Let’s Encrypt certificates. With just a few clicks you can activate your free SSL and HTTP/2 on any domain, including staging and development sites, and automatically renew these certificates when they are about to expire.
WP Engine Backup
How To Make a Backup at WP Engine?
- Log into your dashboard and select your account from the Installs menu.
- Select Backup points from the dashboard menu, and then Backup Now.
- After you’ve entered a description for your backup, click on Create production backup
WP Engine Market and Technology Statistics Reviews
- United States 346,363K
- United Kingdom 20,776K
- Australia 13,650K
- Canada 12,926K
- Norway 3,134K
- Netherlands 1,962K
- New Zealand 1,928K
- Sweden 1,622K
- Germany 1,306K
- Denmark 1,306K
- Marketing and Advertising
- Information Technology and Services
- Computer Software
- 428,527K websites using WP Engine
- 2.18% in Web Hosting Technology
- 3,456K Website Added (total added over the past month)
- 1,251K website Dropped (total dropped over the past month)
- United State East 32 ms
- 4th most popular in the Top 100k sites in Content Management System category.
- 5th most popular in the Top 10k sites in Content Management System category.
- 6th most popular in the Top 1 Million sites in Content Management System category.
- 17th most popular on the Entire Internet in Content Management System category.
- 6th most popular in Malta in Content Management System category.
- 7th most popular in Norway in Content Management System category.
- 9th most popular in Canada in Content Management System category.
- 9th most popular in Australia in Content Management System category.
- 9th most popular in UAE in Content Management System category.
back to menu ↑
WP Engine Pricing and Plan Detail Reviews
|PLAN||START UP||GROW||SCALE||SCALE BIG|
|Databases|| || |
|Script & Languages||–|
|Help & Support|| |
As Final Observation
- Solid server performance overall hosting uptime Is 100%
- Fast server speed Time-to-first-byte (TTFB) below 200 ms
- Developer-friendly environment
- Well-optimized for WordPress users
- Free StudioPress themes
- Choice of either Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform cloud hosting
- Try out with no risk 60-day money back guarantee
- Offers plenty of dedicated and expert support
- Expensive addon features
- Only offers managed hosting on shared and dedicated servers on the custom plans
- Relatively expensive
- Doesn't sell domains